Re: Cultivation of Dracunculus vulgaris

  • Subject: Re: Cultivation of Dracunculus vulgaris
  • From: "D. Christopher Rogers" <branchiopod@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 15:07:52 -0500

Hiyer, David!

I had the same experiences when I moved from northern CA to Kansas. I put my tubers in the ground in a well drained soil with lots of leaf litter and mulch. Over four years they went through shock (possibly indignation), and eventually started to put on size. I got a small bloom last year, but none this year. The plants are still getting larger.

Cheers!