Re: Cultivation of Dracunculus vulgaris

  • Subject: Re: Cultivation of Dracunculus vulgaris
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 22:49:07 +0200

My plants are growing in a sunny place. They wake up in autumn, but they start to put up the leaves next spring. In my garden the soil is very heavy clay and tubers often rotted in the early spring. Now I add some ceramic granulate as the drainage and peat to make the soil lighter. I water and fertilize them only when the are in leaf and start to bloom. Watering dormant tubers is a risk of rotting.

Best,
Marek Argent