Re: titanum pollen

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Martinson <>
To: <>
Date: Thursday, July 16, 1998 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: titanum pollen

>'The pollen,' Gagliardo said dejectedly, 'seems to be
>lost in the mail.'"

>>The mail?  The U.S. Mail?????

While I generally respect and appreciate the USPS, I can't believe that the
success of this unique opportunity was intrusted to the US Mail.  Was there
no kind soul who would have volunteered to deliver this personally?  I
realize that Miami and Atlanta are some 650+ miles apart, but...

Who of us hasn't driven 100's of miles out of our way to visit that
"special" nursery or botanical garden?

Oh well,  "Sic transit Gloria Titani".

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin<<

Dear All,
I reserve "judgement" till all the facts are in, but am really crushed that
this unique oppertunity to pollenate this unique plant was screwed up,
either by "someones" slackness, OR by the USPS.  Keep us informed as to
where the pollen eventually got to.