Re: Germination of Amophophallus titanum seed

Jeanne,

Thank you for sending the article by Wilbert.  I had read this article
which says concerning Amorph. seeds:

>  Sow the seeds
> in a typical sowing-soil (poor in nutrients and slightly acidic).

So I used a typical seed starting mix which I consider to be a sowing
soil.  It is mostly peat with some fine vermiculite, perlite and sand
mixed in, and is very fine.  It 'should' be both 'poor in nutrients and
slightly acidic'.  Does this fit the definition of 'a typical
sowing-soil'?

David mentioned that the Nancy seed was planted in well drained soil,
but that it was buried in, not planted on top of the soil.  Perhaps a
buried seed would be more in need of a well drained medium than a seed
just pressed into a medium?   Anyway, I'm getting the idea that if the
seed is kept warm and just moist, it should germinate.  I may have mine
too damp.  That's what I was looking for.  Thank EVERYONE for the help!

SueZ