RE: Nottoogoodnoozaboutseeds

> We did not cut off the spathe as Wilbert recommended

How DARE you...........

> , and
> pollination is very difficult if you leave the spathe on. A portion of
> the
> back side of the inflores. was difficult for Harry to reach when
> applying
> pollen, so this area (approx. 15% of the total female area) is void of
> any
> fruits.

The danger of this is that the entire infructescence collapses because
of this void spot. The axis of the infructescence swells up enormously
at places where seeds are developing. In void places, this may not
happen, which means the axis will develop very unequally and might
collapse of this. I've noticed this several times. Maybe 15% though is
too little to result in this. Let's hope.......... Then again, that's
what you get when you ignore well-meant advice.......... :-)

Cheers,
Wilbert