Re: Amorph and Alocasia info

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Amorph and Alocasia info
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 22:43:56 -0500 (CDT)

Geoffrey,

The name Am. stipitatus exists but I have not been able to find out what
goes with that name, neither has Li Heng. The type material of this species
is destroyed. The name suggests it is a species of the yunnanensis-alliance,
which all have a stipitate spadix (excl. tonkinensis). The material Chen Yi
has sold under that name is most likely yunnanensis itself but that needs
confirmation on a flowering specimen.

Cheers,
Wilbert