Re: Storage of Amorph tubers.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Storage of Amorph tubers.
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 22:35:43 -0500 (CDT)

Keep it in moderately moist soil, or JUUUUST a bit dry and inspect the tuber
quite regularly. It belongs to a group of species that have a very short
dormancy in cultivation, maybe as short as a month. When the bud grows
again, start watering. Next time, don't cut off the roots, at least not the
fresh ones. They often remain on the tuber when in soil, for a long time and
this might just be a hint.