Wilbert's shipments

If the package (the shiping container itself) was damaged the rest
of this message won't make the recipients feel any better.

It might be worth mentioning that Dracontium tubercles can have
the appearance of being flat (the appearance of looking like a
pancake).   From my experience this is not atypical.  I suspect
Dracontium tubercles can take on this shape because there are
so many tubercles pushed together, that they have no other option
but to grow in a rather flat shape.

Also from my experience, Dracontium tubercles can take up to
2 years before actually sending up a leaf.

So don't throw out the Dracontium tubercles from Wilbert's shipment
just because they look like they were stepped on by a gorilla, they
may have just grown that way.

Alan Galloway                                 alan_galloway@bellsouth.net
P.O. Box 37456                                    alan_galloway@ncsu.edu
Raleigh, NC  27627  USA