Re: Wilbert Hetterscheid admiration society?

No, there was no subject heading exactly like that, but pretty close I
think.  In any case, I thought that I should mention in regard to crushed
boxes and their contents that four of the crushed, no, only one was
_crushed_, these were just severely flattened seeds of Amorphophallus
muelleri seed I received, that I went ahead and stuck in the ground, all
have now come up and some are showing a second leaf.  The leaves are
wonderful, with the white silver edging.

BTW, did anyone know that the seeds of this species at least, are also
quite odorific - not just the inflorescence!  Now why would a plant produce
seeds that stink?  Considerate animals that would scrape some dirt over it
out of habit?  Dung beetle invitation in order to get the seed germinating
in some really rich medium?  Any thoughts?

Thank you sir.

Jonathan

Jonathan Ertelt
Greenhouse Manager
Vanderbilt University Biology Department
Box 1812, Sta. B
Nashville, TN  37235
(615) 322-4054