Lurher I guess I amW. Fl and am on another collection. After

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Lurher I guess I amW. Fl and am on another collection. After
  • From: Durightmm@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:37:04 -0500 (CDT)

  Lurker I am.  I am new to th is format , but noit to many wriyers,  who
enjoyed the dialogue to become acquainted. So here goes I am an on, off, on
again grower of too many years.  I live in SW. Fl who after the vacation
found remnants of the former collection doing very well.  Those are the ones
to grow.  Hoever I am well onto another collection.  A poser:  A number of
years ago Monroe Birdsey shared an anthurium with Jack Johnson. For years  he
never flowered it and before his demise gave it to JAck Williford.   It
produced seed for Jack  who sent them to me.  After a 95% germination I have
seedlings that I have never seen before.  The plant is pachyneurum like, has
narrow aacumoinate leaves, short petiole :D: shaped.  Mid vein raised nearly
to the tip.  Broader near the top.  Persistant cataphylls.  Leaf color
reminescent of A. superb um or A. wilifordii .  Mildly bullate-  at this
time-   Whilee I know this matches  others I believe there are key clues for
those who might be more intimate with Birdsys collection than I.  We are
about to recover from a serious drought that destroyed or set back acres of
citrus and the loss of precious plants.   Hiope to be more resposive in the
future. Nice hearing ffrom old friends