Re: Unidentified aroids

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Unidentified aroids
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" <edggon@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:42:37 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Jody,

     I agree completely with Don and Dewey. Your Anthurium doesn't seem to
be an Anthurium. I also think it is a Philodendron callosum, a very
interesting plant from Venezuela and Northern Brazil, that usually grows in
exposed patches over white sand soil or rocky outcrops. Just take a close
look at the leaves. If the lateral veins are small and paralel, you probably
have a Philodendron. If they are in a reticulate pattern, you must have a
very neat Anthurium with very glossy leaves! (I don't think so, but you
better check by yourself and let us know).

                                Best wishes,

                                     Eduardo.

P.S. I promise won't say that your Arisema is a Gonatopus boivinii!