Re: stuff

  • Subject: Re: stuff
  • From: Victor Soukup <soukupvg@email.uc.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:36:42 -0500 (CDT)

Dear MJ,
	I would like about 5 seeds for my Seed acids study.  Storing seeds in
their gelatinous suspensor is satisfactory for a short while -- certainly
within the time frame you are contemplating.
	I too have the impression that the plans were to have the International
IAS meeting in 2002, but the lack of even a first letter has me wondering.
Perhaps Peter ran into a snag trying to get this into the Kew schedule --
it will after all cost that Institution some money even if the participants
agree to pay a goodly sum for registration.  Perhaps you should address
your question directly to Peter.

Vic
Victor G. Soukup
Herbarium
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0006

At 02:59 PM 06/16/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Wilbert,
>Thank you kindly for answering my dormancy question concerning Pycnospatha.
>
>All,
>No one has responded to my question as to when the International Aroid
>Conference is being held; 2002 as I thought I remembered, or 2005 as someone
>else suggested?
>
>I have Lysichiton camtschatcensis seeds coming ripe. Who is the expert on
>this plant? Who can tell me more about it? I am surprised by how much meat?
>is around the seeds. Looking at the fruit, I would have thought the seeds
>wouldn't be ripe for some time yet. But the fruit head break apart easily
>and the seeds, encased in a gelatinous substance, seem hard and ready. Who
>wants some? Do I need to keep them moist? It might be a bit before I can
>send them out since I'm readying for vacation. Should they be stored damp
>and refrigerated until I can send them out? Should I clean off the
>gelatinous substance if I am storing them for a while?
>
>Thanks.
>MJ Hatfield

Victor G. Soukup
Herbarium