Re: IAS Symposium - Kew 2004

  • Subject: Re: IAS Symposium - Kew 2004
  • From: Scott Hyndman <hyndman@aroid.org>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 01:45:31 -0500 (CDT)

Pete,

Thank you for the update on the International Aroid Symposium.  Is there any
chance of having the symposium during one of the Royal Horticultural Society
shows?  You mentioned August so I don't know how set your time table is at
this point, or what RHS events are possibly held then too.  I know that the
annually phenomenal Chelsea Show is in late May, and then there is the
equally impressive Hampton Court Show in June.  I think that such timing
would be very well received by many, especially for us horticulturally
inclined types to be able to see a RHS show along with attending the
symposium.  I think that my preference would be echoed by many others that
are on Aroid-L that might be considering attending the symposium even though
it is three years away.  A well timed symposium with the possibility of
attending a RHS show would be a further draw and inducement to attend.
Please let us know if this is possible.

Best regards, Scott

Mr. Scott Hyndman
International Aroid Society Web Site