Re: hybrids, ramblings, spare pollen

  • Subject: Re: hybrids, ramblings, spare pollen
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:14:45 -0500 (CDT)

I have no REAL objections, mind you. I am just putting things in certain
words to get juices running. The one thing I worry about is the
nomenclatural consequences of what people haphazardly do. A plant name
should UNAMBIGUOUSLY refer to an entity (a species or cultivar or whatever).
The Name Game HAS its purposes, how tiresome it sometimes is to people.

Wilbert