Re: Line breeding vs hybridization

  • Subject: Re: Line breeding vs hybridization
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 00:27:41 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Folks,

For Goodness Sake we do this for FUN.  For studying and growing aroids!  I
am truly sorry if bits of what I wrote were not perceived as helpful with
fun.  Although one tries hard, the written word doesn't always work as well
as the spoken word.  I have been seemingly accused of things that don't in
reality appear in my part of the dialogue.  We can dialogue in matters which
others feel serious and different about and still be positive about the
other folks.  Everything's important!  But do we ever again need to take
ourselves that seriously?  GOOD things have emerged from this long
conversation from which we can learn. Some of it is about our beloved
plants, some of it about our own positivities as well as negativities.   It
is the Summer Solstice when the wolf & coyote howl maybe best and the Road
Runner is at most peril.  I suggest it isn't what & who but how and why?
This has turned into something not fitting for our international community,
maybe for reasons unrelated to the issues....  Is it not well overdue time
for change of topics, PLEASE.  Everyone is a your Friend, Folks.   You have
enormous reserves of positivity and humour.  Everything can be said in
constructive FUN as people put forward their points of View & input
"different" & helpful information.  Benign cut & thrust is part of fine
dialogue.  Lets move on and forward  regarding the good intent of
contributors who also give their time & energy to us.  PLEASE give them the
benefit of your doubt and then they will not be found wanting....  There are
only a few involved in this Dialogue & I truly like you all & I hope you
will always benignly reciprocate.  Please let us loosen up and let Peace
break out.  The wounds are scratches and we have gained much in the