The last I will say on hybridization...

  • Subject: The last I will say on hybridization...
  • From: Jill Bell <godjillab@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 00:28:34 -0500 (CDT)

First of all, since I don't know many of you, I must tell you that I think
being a devil's advocate is good for a colorful discussion.
I love many species and genre of aroids, and certainly own many hybrids as
well.  There are many beautiful anthurium hybrids produced for their
beautiful flowers, and hybrid alocasias that seem much easier to keep than
their predecessors.  And of course, there is hybrid vigor and all that.
I think it is also important to keep the parent plants for the strength of
their genes.
But, when I think of roses, and the strength and vivacity that was finally
bred out of them, (as well as the fragrance), I realize that all things have
their limits.
I am a moderate, honest!
But truly, I own parrots and horses, (there is a big argument in the parrot
world about hybridizing, too), or the parrots own me or something like that,
but when I think of the amorphallus being larger than any stallion I have
ever seen,  well truthfully it scares me!
In all seriousness, I enjoy your lively and intelligent discussions.
Best Regards and I hope to get to know you,
-- Jill Bell
Graphic Design, Web Design, Illustration and Digital Photography