Re: Titanum leaf cuttings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Subject: Re: Titanum leaf cuttings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • From: StroWi@t-online.de (StroWi)
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 22:37:28 -0500 (CDT)

Derek,

well said!

"Derek Burch" <derek@horticulturist.com> schrieb:
> Brian, better keep this quiet. It isn't all that easy to smuggle out the
> whole plant, but I can see some botanical gardens waking up to very
> ragged-edged amorphophallus leaves if this gets out. (Or is it already out
> to the most dangerous group!)

But I think, it is not necessary to point this out in THIS forum! Or can you imagine just ONE reckless character in this list, who would do SUCH a thing????

> Let me put on record that I don't even know where Fairchild Gardens is, and
> if I did I wouldn't know where in the side room of the Rare Plant House
> Craig keeps the titanums.

I don't know either where Fairchild is, however I know it's quite a distannce from Dollbergen....

> Come to think of it I don't even know what a
> titanum is. Derek

Oh,oh, .... however, I know it, since I have one....

But to be serious....

The danger for the specimens in botanical gardens is surely there.

What would be more intersting is, if the method really works.
I do not expect that Brian's friend shows and tells all the details, but maybe he could provide some pictures, if the propagules grow into whole plants (roots, tuber, (shoot)meristem)?

IF the method works, Derek's warning has to be considered, if NOT, spread the news and the plants might be save!

Good growing,
Bernhard.
Dollbergen, Germany
approx. zone 6/7