Re: [aroid-l] A. titanum seed

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] A. titanum seed
  • From: Troy & Izumi <hachiya@indosat.net.id>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 12:57:26 +0800

Hi Wilberty

Sounds good but sphagnum here in the hot tropics is worth more than the seed
and I cannot get hold of any!
When I have had it before it has died immediately and disintegrated rapidly,
it doesn't like the constant heat.

I'm afraid it will have to be the damp, fungicided newspaper in ziplock bags
for anyone that wants the berries cleaned.
If, despite Alan's message explaining the reasons for cleaning the berry
flesh, anyone still wants their seeds left in the berry please state this in
an email to me and I will do so and send them all together in a separate
package to the "cleaned" seeds, for Alan to distribute.
Please note that I will not, of course, be held responsible for any seeds
left in the berry that are confiscated by customs in the US.

For other all other countries, and Australians in particular, I recommend
you allow me to clean the seeds and send them as I have described on my web
page.
I can almost certainly guarantee that any seeds with flesh on them WILL be
confiscated (at least by Australian quarantine) and I would rather have left
them in the jungle than see the seeds destroyed.

Cheers, Troy.