Re: [aroid-l] Titanum will flower at UCONN

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Titanum will flower at UCONN
  • From: Al Wootten <awootten@nrao.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:16:43 -0400

Finally a bloom within driving distance...

There was a TV news report of an A. titanum flowering last week at UCDavis. The website there however only had reports of a flowering last year, leaving the status of that bloom somewhat uncertain, at least to me.

Al

Michael Marcotrigiano wrote:
Another of Simon's titans will flower at UCONN.

Clinton Morse, the conservatory manager at the Univ of CT. asked me to
post this since he is not on the aroid listserver.

Below is his link to his flowering titan

http://florawww.eeb.uconn.edu/Titanum/Titanum2004.html

If anyone knows how to self-pollinate it or knows a source of pollen
please contact him at: clinton.morse@unconn.edu

He tells me he is trying to get a live feed for the internet on this
beast.

_______________________________

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College
Lyman Conservatory, 15 College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
www.smith.edu/garden
www.science.smith.edu/~mmarcotr
"Art is the unceasing effort to compete with the beauty of flowers and never succeeding."
Marc Chagall