Re: [Aroid-l] Leaf fertilization - A.titanum 'ghost'

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Leaf fertilization - A.titanum 'ghost'
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster webmaster@baumfarn.at
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:03:05 +0200

Selflings?? Sorry; I'm just a native german speaker. And I know only halflings and seedlings, but selflings?
Probably you mean self propagated plants? But as far as I know that is impossible for Amorphophallus, since the female flowers ripe before the stamens.
As I noticed this plant was grown from seeds. If there isn't enough chlorophyl production to keep the plant alive, there wouldn't enough chlorophyl production to build a tuber neither. How can the plant even survive 2 seasons?
Grafting the leaf? Don't sounds practicable to me. Did ever someone tried to graft tubers?
eg: cutting two tubers in half, binding each half of the opposite together and hope for the best.
I'm not into botanics, I don't know if his could even be marginally possible.

greetings
Peter