[Aroid-l] A.hewittii toppled over

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] A.hewittii toppled over
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster webmaster@baumfarn.at
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:02:48 +0200

I have several (9) youngsters of A.hewittii grown from seeds. All of them are in miniature greenhouse, with more or less the same soil, which more or less as wet as the others
Today I opened my miniature-greenhouse for a few hours, to give them more fresh air and to harden them a bit off, since some are soon to big to stay within the greenhouse. All stood in partially afternoon sun (beginning around 4:00 pm). No, in this room wasn't any window open. And they didn't get any draught (ger. Zugluft)
Later I have to recognize that one of my A.hewitti toppled over (compelte petiole). I gave him a a small pillar to lean on, watered it a bit and closed the greenhouse immediately.
Shall I spray with a fungicide too?
What happend to it?

treeferns & aroids: http://www.baumfarn.at/treefern (http://www.baumfarn.at)
Amorphophallus network: http://www.amorphophallus.baumfarn.at/