Re: [Aroid-l] Ghosts, Again

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Ghosts, Again
  • From: James jamesms_55@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:27:57 -0700 (PDT)

> My initial thought is that perhaps one of the media
> broths used for
> bacteria cultures might be a start. These contain a
> base of caloric matter
> as well as a wealth of smaller nutrients. Has anyone
> on the list ever
> heard of such a thing?>

There has been an albino orchid kept alive under
aseptic culture for a number of years by adding
nutrient solution to the culture vessel periodically.
Also in tissue culture, nutrient solutions have been
added to cultures that have dried some in order to
rehydrate and replenish what has been taken out of the
media for species which take a long time to culture.

Do You Yahoo!?
Aroid-l mailing list