Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron stenolobum and P. bipinnatifidum?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron stenolobum and P. bipinnatifidum?
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:35:25 +0000

Dear Russ,

Please, forget the name P. williamsii. The real P. williamsii from Bahia state (Brazi)l has wide leaves (more or less similar to P. speciosum) and has NOTHING to do with P. stenolobum. This confusion have started a long time ago, I don´t know why. I have collected many different populations of P. stenolobum in the wild, and there is a wide variability in leaf widht but they are always much narrower than any other sagittate leaf self header Philodendron (subg. Meconostigma).

Very best wishes,

Dr. Eduardo G. Goncalves
Universidade Catolica de Brasilia
Curso de Ciencias Biologicas