Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron stenolobum and P. bipinnatifidum?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron stenolobum and P. bipinnatifidum?
  • From: a san juan kalim1998@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:31:54 -0700 (PDT)

Here it is:

I labeled the young plant here as P. stenolobum for
two reasons:

1. the length to width ratio of the larger leaves
especially are greater than 3, which fits P.
stenolobum rather than P. williamsii.

2. the petioles of this plant have a rather smooth
upper surface, which is indicative of P. stenolobum.

Both P. williamsii and P. stenolobum are currently
considered valid species.