[Aroid-l] Impending technology changes

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Impending technology changes
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:22:48 -0500 (CDT)

Aroiders,

There will be some changes to the network and equipment on which Aroid-L runs,
starting tonight (Monday, June 18, USA Central time) and completing by sometime
Wednesday, June 20.

The list will continue to operate during this time, but changes to the list are
being frozen immediately (i.e., no new subscribers, no unsubscribes, no changes
to passwords or options, until the changeover is complete).

When the change is complete, everything will look just as it does now - same
addresses for the list, it will operate the same way, etc. We will be on a
newer version of the list software and a new server, which among other things
should let us make a local copy of the Aroid-L archive available. (Sorry, AOL
users, it won't help you. That's an AOL problem, we can't do anything about
it. But we'll make sure that any AOL user's bounce flags get reset during the
migration.)

Steve

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com