Re: [Aroid-l] Thoughts on GOOD SMELLING A. bulbifer

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Thoughts on GOOD SMELLING A. bulbifer
  • From: Susan B <honeybunny442@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 08:32:51 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Julius and friends,
I thought the first bulbifer that ever bloomed for me had a good smell and I commented on this during the original line.
But I might have a faulty memory- it has happened before~!
This would have been in about 2002 and I think the tuber came either from Plant Delights or Enid.  Unfortunately, the tuber has gone to the big greenhouse in the sky-  :)

Julius, some people simply cannot smell these good smelling aroids.  My Arisaema candidissimum smell like cotton candy to me, my husband cannot smell it at all.

This morning I walked out on our porch and called to Harry:  "I smell gas!!"  which is odd since we have electric power.  Then it smelled like road kill.... it was only after I read Julius' email that it registered it was an Aroid blooming (albus).

Aroid-l mailing list