Re: [Aroid-l] Thoughts on GOOD SMELLING A. bulbifer

Susan,

your lines remind me of my first Amorphophallus bloom.

That early summer I woke up and I was irritated by a smell that reminded me of a mixture of sewage plant and road kill. I supsected the resaurant next to our house that they had forgotten about their kitchen waste for the last weeks....

When I went downstairs my nose lead me to our wintergarten where this stench was so strong that I stopped breathing and I moved the blooming, I mean the albus in bloom, out immediately :-)

Since that day I have a very close eye on my albus growing inside.....

Happy sniffing ;-)

Bernhard

Dollbergen, Lower Saxony, Germany

USDA zone 7

This morning I walked out on our porch and called to Harry:  "I smell gas!!"  which is odd since we have electric power.  Then it smelled like road kill.... it was only after I read Julius' email that it registered it was an Aroid blooming (albus).

P-U!

Susan