Re: [Aroid-l] black warocqueanum

 Steve ,Well you were right the added attention drove the price of the black Warocquenum up ,past my bid,,,, Seems that was sold by the HawaiianSunshine Nursey .. anyone know of them ?  seems like I bought plants from them a few years ago directly , suspect we will see more offered

, but I did win the Regal hybrid will post some  photo’s when I get it .. & they will be better than the Ebay photo’s & I’ll compare it to my plant in the greenhouse right now  pix attached … dsc06825 is a new leaf still growing  dsc06826  old leaf about 1 ½ years old (I repotted in my new mix & Boom now it’s Cranking)….  thanx Steve , look forward to meeting up with you in Miami    Mike Mahan

From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of ExoticRainforest
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:33 AM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] black warocqueanum

I think those of us who have tried to find out who the seller is changed our opinion as to this being "hype" once more facts came to light.  The biggest problem appears to be the seller was new to eBay and eBay sellers are notorious for claiming something is "rare" or "new" or some other descriptive term when it can often be bought almost anywhere.  The black "waroc" may go through the roof but that's the nature of eBay.  If people want it the price will rise.  As for the A. regale, it was pointed out to me the photo had a man standing behind the leaf that makes the leaf appear quite large.  I had to stare at it awhile to see it for myself.  And as most of you read, Betsy pointed out it is possible for A. regale to grow a 6 foot leaf.  I just have not been able to find anything in my literature that states that but Betsy has been to Peru and seen the plant in the natural state.  Now I'm waiting for mine to get that big!

I think perhaps some of us have become too jaded when it comes to plants on eBay and can't always see the "plants" for the "trees".  And I can't agree with you more regarding Enid's plants!  She's the best.

Steve Lucas