Re: Amorphophallus henryi, koratensis, titanum's

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus henryi, koratensis, titanum's
  • From: ronmchatton@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 07:46:00 -0400

Amorphophallus henryi isn't rare but it's not common either.  At least
one commercial source sells them (Plant Delights in Raleigh).
Amorphophallus koratensis isn't rare at all and, in fact, is very
common in the food markets of Thailand.  Most of the folks on this list
know Home who comes from Thailand to the Aroid Show every year and
brings them in by the box full.  You grow it and henryi just like
paeoniifolius and most of the Amorphs from Thailand.  Water and
fertilize while actively growing and then they can be kept essentially
dry during their winter dormancy.  It's been said that koratensis
should be kept dry but in the pot during dormancy, but I've
successfully managed them both potted and stored out fo the pot with
equal success.

Ron McHatton
Zone 9B Central Florida