Re: an apology if it is order

  • Subject: Re: an apology if it is order
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:03:17 -0500

Dear Steve:

            Holly Cooper seems to be rather full of herself and it was rude of her to lambaste you for your efforts. Of course you may have made some mistakes but we all do and I think that what you are doing is in general a good service to botany. You have taken the time to assemble information in the best way you know how and to post it on your website. These are things that many of us do not have the time to do and your efforts are appreciated.  Information grows by bits and pieces and the wrong pieces are discarded. ALL important scientists have made gross errors but it did not keep them from continuing to pursue knowledge.  Criticizing others for their attempts to learn is usually not a sign of intelligence but rather a form of insecurity.  Keep your chin up!  I hope that you and your daughter are surviving well from you operations.