Re: Fw: Epiphytes. And I may be nuts!

  • Subject: Re: Fw: Epiphytes. And I may be nuts!
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 01:49:58 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Steve,

Aloha.  I found an email address for a pteridologist,
Robbin C. Moran, who works at NYBG...rmoran@nybg.org.
You may want to ask his opinion about Huperzia
nummularifolia or Lycopodium nummularifolium.  I can
only say that when I read the keys on Huperzia and
Lycopodium, your plants are clustered, without a
horizontal rhizome...which would place them in
Huperzia.  I am not an expert in this matter, but I am
following Ollgaard's revision....maybe Tropicos does
not.

Aloha,

Leland