Re: Anthurium pedatatoridium

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium pedatatoridium
  • From: "Christopher Rogers" <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:53:40 -0700

Thank you, Windy!

I will keep mine a little closer to the circulation fans. Hopefully this will keep it cooler and better aerated. It sounds like I need to keep the media loose. I have used pumice, sphagnum, fir (orchid) bark, sand and peat. It sounds like I need to make it a bit more epiphytically friendly. Hmm. It sounds like I need to move it to my son’s orchid bench . . .

I also have Anthurium pallidiflorum, which also seems to like to be cooler. My plant struggles in the heat of my greenhouse but keeps growing and produces the odd inflorescence. I moved one of the University plants (with 30 cm leaves) into the cloud forest room, and it now has 1.5 meter long leaves and lots of inflorescences, which have produced berries, that I was able to germinate. These are really fun plants. I obviously need to try more species! If only I had more space in my greenhouse . . .

Happy days,

Christopher

D. Christopher Rogers

((,///////////=======<

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

1.530.756.4481

1.530. 383.4798 (cell)

1307 "L" Street

Davis, CA 95616

USA

ŸInvertebrate Taxonomy

ŸEndangered Species

ŸEcological Studies

ŸBioassessment

ŸInvasive Species

ŸPlankton

ŸPhycology

Moscow, Idaho Ÿ Bozeman, Montana Ÿ Davis, California Ÿ Joplin, Missouri

Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania

ecoanalysts.com