Re: Philodendron sagittifolium at female anthesis!

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron sagittifolium at female anthesis!
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 23:20:47 -0500

Steve:  I commented on the dots before seeing the pictures.  I thought you were talking about he dots on the petioles. The dots on the spadix are from an accumulation of resin.  The resin gets on the beetles and makes them sticky so that when they leave they can carry away the pollen which otherwise won’t stick to their bodies.