Anthurium with double spathe.

  • Subject: Anthurium with double spathe.
  • From: JORGE JOEL TORRES-RIVERA <jardin_emilia@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:41:27 -0400

Hello! I just wanted to share with you guys my new Anthurium. It has a red, double spathe that made me fell in love with it. Now i am wondering if this is the characteristic that point to a certain cultivar. Or maybe, is there any species that produces this double spathe?

I found it in a Plant Fair here in Puerto Rico. And it seems like it is a certain variety and not an abnormaly in a specific plant, because, apart from my plant, there was another plant with the same double spathe. Any one can tell me more about this.

Another curious thing is that the bigger spathe is Butterfly-shapped, while the smaller one is more heart-shapped.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Jorge Joel...