Re: Anthurium with double spathe.

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium with double spathe.
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:11:16 +0200

Yes, some cultivated aroids often produce double spathes especially when they are in bad condition, although there are cultivars which produce always two spathes like some Anthurium, Spathiphyllum and Zantedeschia. Many garden companies treat the plants with special chemical substances to produce such inflorescences, but as you buy them the next flowers are normal (or even sometimes the plants die). You can see some examples of such odd inflorescences in the www.aroid.org website.
Marek Argent