Re: Premature amorphophallus dormancy

  • Subject: Re: Premature amorphophallus dormancy
  • From: ronmchatton@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:55:52 -0400

It's probably to early to tell but in all likelihood it will drop that
leaf and put up a new one.  I've had that happen before when leaves are
damaged.  A great deal depends on how significant the damage and how
early in the season it happens.  There's nothing you can do if that
leaf is being shed.  I would just watch it for signs of new growth.  If
the old corm hadn't been completely absorbed yet it's still there along
with whatever new corm was being formed and they will usually just put
up a new leaf.

Ron McHatton
Central Florida, Zone 9