Re: Amorphophallus titanum leaf height inquiry

if you are bound to that greenhouse, I guess the only thing that could help you are growth regulators, to be more specific gibberilinsythesisinhibitors.

But I am afraid that there is no experience in using them with tuberous aroids.

To get an idea of the effect have a look at http://www.hrt.msu.edu/florAoE/PGRinfo/ and look at http://www.hrt.msu.edu/florAoE/PGRinfo/PGR_products.htm , too.

The active ingredients that are used to shorten the hight of ornamentals are ancymidol, fllurprimidol and paclobutrazol.

In the aroid hoticultural links (http://www.aroid.org/horticulture/hortlink.html ) you find this: http://mrec.ifas.ufl.edu/Foliage/Resrpts/rh_90_10.htm , but I did not go through it yet.

The problem will be to apply the right ammount ot the growth redardant at the right time.

I have posted a aquestion about htis to the aroid-L some years ago, but as far as I remember here was no reply that someone has used retardands for that purpose.

Maybe meanwhile someone has made some trials/experiments?

Happy dwarfing,

Aroid-L mailing list