Re: Does anyone grow the real Anthurium hookeri?

  • Subject: Re: Does anyone grow the real Anthurium hookeri?
  • From: "Dave" <davemisc@lalakea.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:05:19 -1000

I have several here in Hawai’i, that fit all the descriptions (including the glandular punctuates), and some are setting seed right now.  Surprisingly, I picked them up at the island Lowe’s Hardware in Kona, fairly large ones (leaves 2’ long) for less than $15 apiece.  The local grower is Novelty Greens, in Hilo.