Re: Does anyone grow the real Anthurium hookeri?

  • Subject: Re: Does anyone grow the real Anthurium hookeri?
  • From: Ferenc Lengyel <feri.lengyel@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:06:31 +0200

I guess, that without the berries it is not possible to tell if a plant is the real A. hookeri. I have a plant bought as A. hookeri which shows all the features (scalariform veins, black punctuations), but its berries were not white (the pic of the infructescence can be seen here):
So it is a Holland hybrid :(
The good thing is, that the germination rate is nearly 100% and the berries can be stored for several days (a few weeks) without the seeds loosing their viability significantly. But I don't know if it applies to the species itself too.
Aroid-L mailing list