Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:03:15 -0700
From: Wilbert Hetterscheid <>
Subject: Fitch photo

Dear Dick,

I had a look recently at this phalloid photo by Charles Marsden Fitch.
This is a plant from the same clone you'll see in Aroideana Vol. 19 under
Am. parvulus! In fact, I got material of this via Bogner, who got it from
Fitch himself. Only this week have I learned from additional material
from Thailand, that it is NOT Am. parvulus and most probably an
undescribed species! I have always counted with this because there are a
few characters in Fitch's plant that do not fit the type of Am. parvulus.
Now that I have had a REAL parvulus flowering, I saw these differences
confirmed. So you can tell Mr. Fitch this story and if he wants to, he
can co-author the species with me. If you have his current address, can
you email it to me?

Cheers, Wilbert