Aroids in the garden

Alocasia macrorrhiza will not survive your winter temps.  It's
iffy in zone 9, as far as coming back from a freeze, and is really
a zone 10-11 subject, although I've seen some recover from the low
20s; but that was in a climate that has very few freezes compared
to zone 6.  You could try cutting off the leaves after the first
light frost and then mulch the root/trunk very heavily with leaves
and a covering of some sort (canvas/tarp), but I've got a feeling
it will die if kept in that condition for consecutive months.  Let
us know if you try it as a permanent outdoor subject.