Re: New Book

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: New Book
  • From: "George R Stilwell, Jr." <grsjr@juno.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 22:38:58 -0600 (CST)

I think the difference in opinion on the book 'Botanica' stems from the
fact that
there are at least 3 books with that title.

Botanica with a CD is not worth the price even when discounted.

Botanica (Random House) is the same as the Barnes & Noble book at nearly
twice the price.

Botanica (Barnes & Noble) is a comprehensive book at a bargain price, as
Dewey said.

The latter two are edited by R. G. Turner, the first has a different
author.

Anyway, Dewey, I ran (well, more like drove) down to B&N, picked up the
book, and I
find it very nice. No book has all the odd-ball stuff that I look for,
not Hortus III, Bailey's Encyclopedia,
Dirr's many books, etc. However, I find this one to be reasonably
comprehensive, all things considered.

The pictures are superb, and, at under $30, it IS a bargain.

Ray
<GRSJr@Juno.com>

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.