From: <DBurch2345@aol.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2000 7:08 PM
Subject: Alocasia cultivars

: Could someone familiar  with alocasia cultivars/hybrids please help with this
: question.
: Is there a hybrid or cultivar Alocasia 'Portadora' ( or Alocasia xportadora)?
: I know that the hybrid between Alocasia odora and A. portei is in the trade
: as Alocasia xportora ( or sometimes Alocasia 'Portora'), so, two questions:
: 1. The correct listing for "portora" (hybrid species or cultivar?)
: 2. Is there also a "portadora" - and, if so, how should that name be written?
: Derek