Re: Alocasia cultivars

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Alocasia cultivars
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:55:46 -0600 (CST)

Agristarts is tissue culturing the Alocasia x Portidora  but I think the others
are mispellings or mispronunciations of the same. Mr. Garner bred a lot of
hybrids back in  the 80's but have not seen any other one tissue cultured
as much
as his A. x Portidora. (portei x odora). I think he is still around but not
active with Aroid society, I think he was working for Tru-Green Chemlawn in
branch in the Computer/ accounting Dept.

Denis at Silver Krome