Re: Anthurium splendidum

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Anthurium splendidum
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:56:07 -0600 (CST)

Notes as to what is A. splendidum:

Tom Croat told me that there was a taxanomic readjustment to the names we are
using for several different species which look very similar. Some California
collector had collected the "true" A. splendidum in a sandy stream (semi moist)
bed. This variety really needs the high humidity, it does best in a humidity
tent. I know cause I killed the piece that I had because I could not keep it
comfortable on my benches. Croat said the species we were calling "A.
spledidum"
here in the Miami area has now been renamed A. luxuriens. It will grow more
easily than the real A. splendidum  although more slowly than most Anthuriums.
Maybe I've got this story wrong but some one correct me if I have.

Denis at Silver Krome