Re: Re: dracunculus vulgaris

Dear Jim,

I have found that "tuberous" plants dont need to be in an airtight bag...as a matter of fact, I am pretty sure it would get a fairly good amount of rot going...

When I have refrigerated tubers for an extended period, all I have done is basically wrapped the tuber loosely in some paper towel, put it in a brown paper bag, sort of folded the top over, and tossed it in one of the draws in the frig.  As you know, refrigerators tend to be fairly humid so I am sure it prevents them from drying out.  I have even done this with "tiny" tubers and they have not dried out...

Hope this helps..