Re: Rules and standards

  • Subject: Re: Rules and standards
  • From: "George R Stilwell, Jr." <grsjr@juno.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:27:49 -0600 (CST)

Joe,

First rule for posting to any list and for E-mail in general - get rid of
the
HTML encoding in your E-mail program. The encoded messages are nearly 9
times
longer than "Plain Text"  messages, are harder to read, and they clog up
the archives.
The monitors of this and other lists have made it plain that they can no
longer
hand edit HTML messages to make them acceptable.

Do this in the preferences section of your E-mail program and save the
result. Otherwise AOL
and Micro$soft will revert your program. They want to abort the
international E-mail
standard, "Plain Text", so we will allhave to use their software.

Ray
GRSJr@worldnet.att.net

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:14:37 -0600 (CST) Durightmm@aol.com writes:

>--part1_ad.1963311e.29b8ffcf_boundary
>
>I made two postings recently that never made it, therefore I presume
>they
>violated rules.   For that I am sorry.  If any offended I apologize
>for it is
>not my nature to offend.  For the few years I have participated here I
>do not
>recall seeing rules discussed or made avialble.  To avoid future
>problems
>like this for the moinitors  perhaps it would be timely to include te
>rules
>in a future NewsLetter.  Sincerely Joe Wright
>
>--part1_ad.1963311e.29b8ffcf_boundary
>
><HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I made two postings
>recently that never made it, therefore I presume they violated rules.
>&nbsp;&nbsp;For that I am sorry. &nbsp;If any offended I apologize for
>it is not my nature to offend. &nbsp;For the few years I have
>participated here I do not recall seeing rules discussed or made
>avialble. &nbsp;To avoid future problems like this for the moinitors
>&nbsp;perhaps it would be timely to include te rules in a future
>NewsLetter. &nbsp;Sincerely Joe Wright</FONT></HTML>
>
>--part1_ad.1963311e.29b8ffcf_boundary--

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.