Re: [aroid-l] TitanWatch

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] TitanWatch
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@worldonline.nl
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 06:14:19 +0100

Whereas I wouldn't have believed it 8 years ago, I have now noticed that
every now and then a species does indeed flower twice without foliage
interrupting the sequence. I have experienced this with paeoniifolius and
plicatus. This may well be an evolutionary remnant from the ancestral
condition of having a syn-florescence in the ancestors of Amorphophallus.
So, who knows......?

Lord P.