[aroid-l] Arum hygrophilum

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Arum hygrophilum
  • From: James Waddick <jwaddick@kc.rr.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:00:24 -0600

Dear CJ, Danny et al;
Been meaning to reply and here's my 2 cents.
Contrary to my expectations a couple tubers from CJ (thanks again) last year have come though winter. They came up early, got beat up by freezes and now are resprouting new foliage. Too early to give precise details, but I look forward to their success. Made it through lows around -2 F.

We had some record drought last summer and they surely did not get nearly the water they would have preferred. I doubt it will reach the dimensions cj mentions in his much milder climate, too. I don't expect to see bloom , if any this year, for another month or two.
Ask again in mid-summer when they go dormant.

		Best	Jim W.
--
Dr. James W. Waddick
8871 NW Brostrom Rd.