Re: [aroid-l] Variegated Dracunculus vulgaris

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Variegated Dracunculus vulgaris
  • From: "BambooChik" <bamboochik@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:47:51 -0600

Sometimes this happens on the first leaf of many plants but the rest of the
leaves are normal. It is just some damage that has occurred from too much
water or not enough water or a virus or insect damage. I would be
interested to see a pic, though as it would be easier to confirm this.

***Make your words soft and sweet; you just may have to eat them someday!

my yard and noticed something odd.  I saw a first year offset whos leaf
liiked like it had a whole lot of dust on it.  I tried to brish it off, but
it wouldnt come off.  Looking closer i saw that the yellowish brown color
was on the leaf.  Its not the white veined varigations on a lot of D.
vulgaris.  It looks kind of like Alocasia zebrina reticulata without the
heavy green lines.  I know its not from too much/little sunlight since many
of them are growing in teh same place.  If anyone wants to see pictures i
will be glad to send them.  Can anyone tell me they have seen/ heard of
something like this?  I am excited to see if it will be on the next leaf
the plant puts up.  Any help would be great!
>   Thanks people!
>   -Danny Wilson
>   Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
Hacks & Scams.